BBLM Architects is dedicated to creating outstanding environments that are sensitive to user experience and responsive to technical requirements. We do this by offering a consistently high level of client service, design, and technical excellence grounded in our clients’ needs and augmented by decades of experience.
Located in Center City Philadelphia, we offer a broad scope of architectural and planning services to a variety of clients in our region. Our firm history extends back over five decades. In its current form, BBLM is led by principals Laura Strychalski, Carl Kaplan, and Brandon Sargent. Our principals are “hands-on” professionals who provide leadership and continuity for each of our projects.
The quality of our service is validated by the number of clients who return to us for repeated services and who refer us to other organizations.
We recognize the uniqueness of each project and offer a broad range of services to meet our clients’ needs.
- Feasibility studies to determine scope and budget
- Program development
- Master planning and departmental planning
- Evaluation of existing buildings and components
- Architectural design and documentation
- Team leadership and consultant coordination including structural, mechanical/electrical, environmental hygiene, site/civil, etc.
- Design and documentation for historic preservation
- Procurement of approvals from zoning boards, historical commissions, building code officials, and other regulatory authorities
- Life safety, space inventory, and drawings for facilities management purposes
- Interior design
- Furnishings selection and specifications
- Determination of construction phasing to minimize disruption to occupied spaces
- Construction contract administration
- Assistance to Owner in planning, coordinating, and implementing multiple projects
- Renderings and walk-throughs
Laura J. Strychalski, AIA
Carl M. Kaplan, AIA
Brandon G. Sargent, AIA